Sunday, July 6, 2008

planning ahead in the garden

So I am really contemplating next year's garden... I know, I know... get through this year first! But as I rearranged all my ghetto pots I began to think about next year. I am a total novice when it comes to gardening so I am not sure how to do all this. I decided I want this outcome:
15 pints of applesauce
3 lbs dried apples
3 lbs dried cranberries
5 qts. frozen blueberries
5 qts. frozen strawberries
20 pts diced tomatoes
20 qts spaghetti sauce
20 half pts tomato paste
10 pts salsa
5 lbs. dried mushrooms
10 qts froz. sweet peppers
25 ears of corn on the cob frozen
15 pts corn
15 pts of jam
15 pts of peanut butter
10 lbs of wheat berries
10 qts of carrots
10 qts of carrots frozen
5 qts of peas
25 lbs potatoes
25 pts refried beans
25 pts black beans
5 qts ketchup
5 qts froz broccoli
5 qts froz. cauliflower
4 qts zucchini
10 qts pickles

I also want to plant celery, but it doesn't freeze well.


So I suppose I need to plant
Blueberries
tomatoes
peppers
strawberries
corn
wheat
carrots
peas
potatoes
black beans
pinto beans
broccoli
cauliflower
zucchini
celery
and swiss chard for greens
lettuce
cucumbers

I am going to buy
apples
cranberries
peanuts
fruit for jams


the only thing left to determine is how much of each, and how I am going to plant that much food in my yard.. i don't have so much sun... so this should be an interesting thing.

No comments: