Summer Dress time!
I made a pillow case dress. I hate making these. Pain in the ass. I hated doing those rolled hems.
Next I made some shirred dresses. These were so freaking easy that I made 10. I started out with this pattern, But it just wasn't really super understandable. Then I made one of these dresses (the first one, but I did a different fabric on top.) It wasn't quite right either. So.... I ended up with my own style of fun.
I prepared the straps as in the SewMamaSew pattern. And then I attached the straps as in the pattern also, but I did not leave a casing for the elastic.
Next, I shirred the top, about 16-20 rows. I just used the pressure foot to measure the distance from the previous row. I did not sew especially straight, but you can't tell in the end.
Okay, after the shirring, I used the iron on a steam setting to shrink up the shirring. It still seems super big though.
Next, sew up the sides to make a tube with the shirring going around the top. Then hem the bottom.
Oh, to make this fit, wash and dry on high. It shrinks up super well.