We have made a pact to not eat out for 90 days. 90. So, I want to get back to posting my meal plans.. if you want any recipes, let me know!
Today was BBQ ribs, rolls and cauliflower but that ended up being hot dogs and tortilla chips. Why, you ask? Oh, it's because Adan charred the skids out of the ribs. Lucy had come by and said. "Dad, the BBQ is steaming." He said something along the lines of, "yeah, yeah." About 10 minutes later he goes out to the 'que and starts cursing. Yup.. i don't think even the dog would eat that charcoal.
So, next week:
Saturday: Greek Chicken and Veggies
Greek Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans or 1 can of cut green beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 2 t. dried oregano leaves
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 4 sheets of aluminum foil approx 12x18"
- 1 pkg crumbled feta cheese
- Cut chicken in stripes. Toss with beans, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Center 1/4 of mixture on each sheet of foil.
- Bring up sides of foil to make packets; leave space for heat circulation.
- Place packets on grill over medium hot heat. Grill 10-14 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender crisp. Open foil packets; and sprinkle with cheese.
Sunday: Spinach Salad and rolls
Monday: Grilled chicken and mango salad
Tuesday: Fajitas, rice and beans
Wednesday: BBQ chicken packets and baked potatoes
BBQ Chicken Packets
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 sheets of foil - 12x18"
- 1 c. BBQ sauce
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- Center 1 chicken breast on each sheet of foil. Spoon BBQ sauce over chicken. Top with vegetables.
- Bring up foil sides to make a packet; leave room for heat circulation.
- Place packets on grill of medium hot heat. Grill for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Thursday: Cajun Sausage and beans
Cajun Sausage and Beans
- 1 lb turkey sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 t. cajun seasoning
- 4 sheets of aluminum foil, 12x18"
- Mix sausage, beans, tomatoes, green pepper and seasonings
- Center 1/4 of the bean mixture on each sheet of foil
- Bring up foil sides to make packets; leave room for heat circulation.
- Grill packets over medium hot coals or until thoroughly heated.
Friday: Basil Chicken Packets and rolls
Basil Chicken Packets
- 4 chicken breasts - I use boneless skinless
- Heavy duty aluminum foil - 4 sheets approx. 12x18"
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 2 t. grated lemon peel - I use fresh lemon zest
- 2 t. dry basil leaves - I use fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 t. each salt and pepper
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in rings
Bring up sides of foil to make a packet. Leave room for heat to circulate inside.
Place packets on grill over medium hot coals. Grill for 11-13 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Yes, the majority of these meals are grilled. It's too hot for the oven and the stove.