2 blogs I follow have started their own 101 things in 1001 days projects. I started this in Nov. 2006 and my life just completely got in the way, and it was abandoned. So I am posting what I had then, and will make a new post with my new and updated version that I will start now. :)
101 things in 1001 days
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. I will be posting an update as I finish each task. Completed tasks will be red and in progress tasks will be blue.
Tasks must be specific (i.e.. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e.. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Begin: Dec. 1, 2006
End: Sept. 28, 2009
Focus on God:
1. Read Created to be his help meet.
2. Devotions daily for 1 month.
3. Read the Bible all the way through and keep a journal of my thoughts along the way.
4. Organize my prayer list.
Focus on Others:
5. Host the stitchy monthly
6. finish Katie's baby blanket
7. Finish Heather's Baby Blanket
8. Finish Erika's Baby Blanket
9. Finish Amanda's Baby Blanket
10. Finish Gina's Dress
11. Start/Finish Melissa's Baby Blanket
12. Visit an assisted living facility 1x a month and bring treats.
13. Do something nice for a different neighbor 1 time a month.
Focus on Family:
14.Take a train ride through the royal gorge
15. Go camping
16. Start a gratitude journal. Have each person make an entry every night at dinner time for 1 month.
17. Read and put into practice "21 Rules for our house"
18. Learn to cut everyone's hair
19. Go bowling twice a month for 3 months.
20. Start a Spanish Language program. Power glide junior?
21. Visit Kentucky to see family
22. Plan and take a family vacation to Disney World.
focus on ArmyMan:
23. Take dance lessons together. Learn to 2 step, waltz and swing.
24. Rent a motorcycle for a weekend and take a romantic getaway.
25. Mail a letter or package every payday.
26. Send an email to him each night for a month.
27. Renew our vows in a private ceremony. Maybe that motorcycle trip?
Focus on Children:
28. Buy new dressers for each of the kids.
29. Read a bedtime story every night for 1 month. Long chapter books.
30. Hug, cuddle and say I love you to each child twice a day for a month.
31. Research and start a hope chest for Drama.
32. Buy a new bookcase for Drama and a bookcase for the boys.
Focus on the household:
33. Get a safety deposit box and fill it with all important papers we would need if there was a fire.
34. Get dressers for ArmyMan and me.
35. Plan decor for each room of the house, decide on a color scheme
36. Make/buy 2 kitchen table rugs, curtains, 15 placemats, 2 couch blankets, table cloth and chair cushions and covers, 2 matching chairs.
37. Make/buy braided rugs, curtains, canisters, kitchen towels, 24 knit dish cloths for kitchen
38. Make a braided rug for the laundry room.
39. Make curtains for master bedroom, and a chain rug
40. Make curtains for the boys room, and braided rug.
41. Make curtains for Drama, and a chain rug
42. Make afghan for First born
43. Make afghan for Gogo
44. Make afghan for Drama
45. Make afghan for our bedroom
46. Make quilt for first born
47. make quilt for go-go
48. make quilt for drama.
49. make quilt for master bedroom
50. Make summer wardrobe for kids.
51. Make a 4 week rotating menu.
52. Use the menu for 8 weeks, taking out yucky meals as needed.
53. Make bread daily for 1 month.
54. Organize the outside shed.
55. Buy a Colorado gardening book or research this online. Also research container gardening and moveable gardens.
56. Make a list of flowers for the front yard.
57. Make a list of veggies for the back yard.
58. Buy gardening tools.
59. Clear flower beds, veggie beds or purchase containers for the container gardening.
61. Research family tree
62. Finish Firstborn's photo album
63. Finish Gogo's photo album
64. Finish Drama's photo album
65. Finish family/vacation photo albums
66. make double hook crocheted tree skirt and matching stockings
67. Reduce debt by 50% by the end of the 1001 days.
68. Start school back up.
69. 2 classes a block
70. Study for 30 min. a night for an entire block.
71. Make my own soapy soap.
72. Make a list of all, even remote relatives, birthdays and anniversaries and send out cards on the first of each month.
73. shower, Get dressed, blow dry hair everyday for 1 month.
Focus on Me:
74. Buy a core sculptor and work out 5 x a week.
75. Go to bed by 11 PM every night for a month.
76. Wake up by 7 AM every weekday morning for a month.
77. Quit Smoking
78. Get my eyes checked.
79. Get my sanity checked.
80. Finish braces.
81. Fill cavities and beautify my teethers.
82. Organize my recipes... decide on a system and then run with it.
83. Blog 4x a week for a 1 month.
84. Do dishes after dinner for 1 month.
85. No puter till 1 PM for 1 month.
Focus on Business:
86. Read 1 business book per quarter.
87. Ongoing SEO - 1 page per month.
88. Re-organize the website
89. Write all of our own content. No outside links; Make a list of all articles we need to write.
90. Write or delegate to be written 1 article per week.
91. Make a list of all the diaper hunt program changes.
92. Hire a new programmer to make the changes.
93. Re-organize the diaper hunt application process.
94. Market locally to adult shops (adult candy)
95. Market locally to gift shops, floral etc.
96. Monthly or bi-monthly about candy and gift giving.
97. Attend 4 craft shows as a vendor
98. Stock up on ribbon
99. Organize all materials
100. Make 6 bows per week.
101. Stock bows every Thursday on site and on CMA.