2 blogs I follow have started their own 101 things in 1001 days projects. I started this in Nov. 2006 and my life just completely got in the way, and it was abandoned. Here is my new and updated version that I will start now. :)
101 things in 1001 days
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. I will be posting an update as I finish each task. Completed tasks will be red and in progress tasks will be blue.
Tasks must be specific (i.e.. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e.. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Begin: April 2, 2009
End: Oct. 1, 2011
Focus on God:
1. Devotions daily for 1 month.
2. Read the Bible all the way through and keep a journal of my thoughts along the way.
3. Organize my prayer list and remember these things in prayer daily.
Focus on Others:
4. Host a BBQ for our friends each month that it is not snowing.
5. Host the stitchy monthly
6. Create a baby gift for each new baby in my life during the 1001 days.
7. Pay for someone's lunch at the drive through 1 x per month.
8. Find a local venue for volunteering, soup kitchen? food pantry? volunteer once a month with the children.
9. Do something nice for a different neighbor 1 time a month, even the ones that hard to love.
Focus on Family:
10. Go hiking 4 times during each summer
11. Go camping
12. Start a gratitude journal. Have each person make an entry every night at dinner time for 1 month.
13. Read and put into practice "21 Rules for our house"
14. Learn to cut everyone's hair
15. Go bowling twice a month for 3 months.
16. Learn Spanish
17. Visit California to see family
18. Plan and take a family vacation to Disney World.
19. Take a local family trip every other month. Dinosaur world, the zoo, mammoth caves, etc.
focus on ArmyMan:
20. Take dance lessons together. Learn to 2 step, waltz and swing.
21. Rent a motorcycle for a weekend and take a romantic getaway.
22. Write him a note before bed, for him to find the next morning, weekly.
23. Renew our vows in a private ceremony. Maybe that motorcycle trip?
Focus on Children:
24. Build new bunk beds for the boys, 2 sets.
25. Build an entertainment center for the video game room.
26. Sew bean bag chairs for the video game room, 4 of them.
27. Build new dressers for each of the kids.
28. Read a bedtime story every night for 1 month. Long chapter books.
29. Hug, cuddle and say I love you to each child twice a day at least.
30. Research and start a hope chest for Drama.
31. Build a new bookcase for Drama and a bookcase for the boys.
Focus on the household:
32. Get a safety deposit box and fill it with all important papers we would need if there was a fire.
33. Get dressers for ArmyMan and me.
34. Plan decor for each room of the house, decide on a color scheme
35. Make pom pom rug for video game room.
36. Make kitchen table rug, curtains, 25 placemats, 2 couch blankets, table cloth and chair cushions and covers, 2 matching chairs.
37. Make/buy braided rugs, curtains, canisters, kitchen towels, 15 knit and 15 crochet dish cloths for kitchen
38. Make a braided rug for the laundry room.
39. Make curtains for master bedroom, and a rug
40. Make curtains for the boys room, and rug.
41. Make curtains for Drama, and a rug
42. Make afghan for First born
43. Make afghan for Gogo
44. Make afghan for Drama
45. Make afghan for our bedroom
46. Make quilt for first born
47. make quilt for go-go
48. make quilt for drama.
49. make quilt for master bedroom
50. Make summer wardrobe for kids.
51. Make a 4 week rotating summer menu.
52. Use the menu for 8 weeks, taking out yucky meals as needed.
53. Make bread daily for 1 month.
54. Organize the outside shed.
55. Plant large kitchen garden.
56. Can the abundance.
57. Learn about chickens.
58. Purchase land.
59. Plan house.
60. Build house on our own land.
61. Research family tree
62. Finish Firstborn's photo album
63. Finish Gogo's photo album
64. Finish Drama's photo album
65. Finish family/vacation photo albums
66. make crocheted tree skirt and matching stockings
67. Reduce debt by 50% by the end of the 1001 days.
68. Start school back up.
69. 2 classes a block
70. Study for 30 min. a night for an entire block.
71. Make my own soapy soap.
72. Make a list of all, even remote relatives, birthdays and anniversaries and send out cards on the first of each month.
73. shower, Get dressed, blow dry hair everyday for 1 month.
Focus on Me:
74. work out 6 x a week; ride daily for 30 min.; lose 30 lbs.
75. Go to bed by 10 PM every night for a month.
76. Wake up by 5:30 AM every weekday morning for a month.
77. learn to spin.
78. Learn to shoot, buy a gun.
79. ride my bike for anywhere under 2 miles if i don't have to drag kids along.
80. Take a girls weekend once a year.
81. finish all UFOS.
82. Organize my recipes... decide on a system and then run with it.
83. Work on one project at a time; use existing stash for all new projects.
84. Do dishes after dinner for 1 month.
85. No puter till 1 PM for 1 month.
Focus on Preparedness:
86. Put together 72 hour emergency kits.
87. Put together Food Storage for 3 months
88. Put together Food Storage for 1 year.
89. Practice Drills
90. Teach children gun safety.
91. Read one book each quarter about self sufficiency
Focus on Business:
92. Read 1 business book per quarter.
93. Ongoing SEO - 1 page per month.
94. Re-organize the website
95. Redesign forum
96. Write or delegate to be written 1 article per week.
97. Streamline sponsor sign up and back-end paperwork
98. Market locally to gift shops, floral etc.
99. Attend 4 craft shows as a vendor
100. Prepare patterns for publication.
101. Stock one knitted item per quarter.