Friday, April 10, 2009

Sharon's Photo Quilted Wall hanging


this pertains to 101 things #81 and the year of the FO.

Back in December, Sharon asked me to make this photo quilted wall hanging for her sister. Her brother and both parents died last year and it was something of a tribute to their memory. She wanted this for a Christmas present, but I only had 1 week to get it done and just did not finish. So it sat, half finished, in my craft room for 2 months. In March, she asked if I could have it done for the next trip she was making to visit her family. Here is her finished project. I am really happy with how it turned out, and most importantly she said she loved it and her sister loved it.

2 comments:

Meg said...

That is neato!

Melissa Gephart said...

Love it! My mom makes quilts for each grandchild when they turn 1 - and uses photo blocks for the center. Very nice keepsake!